5k – January 22, 2022 • 10k – February 12, 2022 • 15k – February 26, 2020
Join us at the iconic Great Saltair for the 44th anniversary of The Original Winter Series, Salt Lake City’s oldest race series! The legendary, affordable series features a set of premier running events ideal for elite athletes and everyday runners alike. Proceeds support the Making Strides program, which provides shoes, uniforms, and an introduction to running, to an underserved youth population in Salt Lake City.
Past years have sold out with a record number of participants!
MORE RACES. MORE MEMORIES.
Low Event Pricing
Exclusive Series Finisher Medal
Pre and Post-Race Festivities
DJ and Race Announcer
USATF Circuit races and
RRCA Championship races
SELECTED BEST RACE
SERIES FOR 2019 BY USATF
- 5K – Saturday, January 22, 2022, 10 am
- 10K – Saturday, February 12, 2022, 10 am
- 15K – Saturday, February 26, 2022, 9 am
Make-up run – Saturday, March 26, 2022
In the event a participant is unable to complete one of the series races due to icy roads or poor air quality we have instituted a “makeup run.” The “makeup run” is an untimed, noncompetitive, fun run to allow runners a safe alternative to earn the 44th Anniversary medal. Makeup run will start at Wasatch Running Center in Sandy, and NOT the Great Saltair.
- Exclusive 44th anniversary medal to all series finishers
- Raffle giveaways
- 2022 Race shirt*
- Electronic timing chip and results
- Free photographs
- Supported aid stations
- Shelter and refreshments in the Saltair facility
- Professional DJ music inside the Great Saltair and outside at the start/finish area.
- Pre and post-race festivities
*Shirts are ordered based on registrations received by 12/1/2021. Therefore, shirt availability is not guaranteed for registrations after this date and will be on a first come first served basis at packet pickup.
|Series Price (5K + 10K + 15K)||$55||$60|
Discount for Club Members
Salt Lake City Track Club members are eligible for a significant discount on the series entry or single race entries, which will be applied during checkout. No code needed. Nonmembers will have the option to join before checkout.
Not a member? Want to learn more? click here
Course & Amenities
- Aid Stations: (see locations on map) An station aid station is located on the course. The aid station will consist of water for 5K and Gatorade and water for 10K and 15K.
- Medical Support: Medical staff is available at the start/finish area.
- Shelter: The Great Saltair Building will open race day at 8:30 am (8:00 a.m. for 15K) with full access to electric restroom facilities.
- Refreshments: Beans & Brew coffee, hot chocolate, hot cider, water, Great Harvest Bread, peanut butter, honey, granola bars, and fresh fruit will be available in the Great Saltair Building after each race.
- Start and Finish: Races start and finish in front of the Great Saltair Building near the south end of the parking lot.
- Porta Potties: Porta potties will be stationed along the 15K course; restrooms also in Saltair building.
- Course description: Each course is an out and back on the frontage road. All courses are USATF certified, fast, flat, and record eligible.
- Course Time Limit: There is not a course time limit. All abilities welcome.
- Electronic Timing Chip and Results: Professional race timing.
- Clocks and Mile Markers: Digital clocks are positioned at the start line, turnaround point, and finish line of each race. The mile markers are positioned at each mile.
- Street Closures: The frontage road is closed to all traffic on race day.
- Free Parking: There is plenty of free parking in the lot in front of the Great Saltair.
Directions to The Great Saltair: Off I-80 (I-80 west if coming from Salt Lake City area) it is exit 104 Saltair Drive. Ten miles past the Salt Lake International airport.
Other transportation options: Consider carpooling. There are not any public transportation options that currently go to The Great Saltair. Taking a cab or using car services such as Lyft or Uber are alternatives.
Cash prices for Overall and Masters winners. Also, RRCA and Age Group awards
- The top three Open and Masters (male and female) athletes will be determined by the order in which the athletes cross the finish line, regardless of when the athlete actually crossed the starting line. (aka: gun time.)
- All athletes 40 and over (on race day) are eligible to compete in the Masters division.
- Masters athletes are eligible to collect open prize money in addition to masters prize money should they place high enough overall.
- Net time will be used for all age-group scoring and awards.
- Age-divisions will be determined by an athlete’s age on race day for all Winter Series races.
Athena & Clydesdale (Weight Division)
- Registering under the Athena/Clydesdale category is completely optional. It is the athlete’s choice as to whether or not he or she registers for this division.
- Athena/Clydesdale athletes, however, are NOT eligible to compete in age group divisions.
- Female athletes weighing 140+ pounds are eligible to compete in the Athena division.
- Male athletes weighing 200+ pounds are eligible to compete in the Clydesdale division.
- Net time (chip time) will be used for all Athena/Clydesdale awards.
- Post-race raffles will be held after each race
Packet Pickup: Friday, 1/21 from 3-7 PM
Wasatch Running Center
8946 State Street
Sandy, UT 84070
Can I bring my dog to run with?
Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the running course.
Are strollers allowed?
Yes, strollers are allowed, but we ask that you start in the back of the pack.
What is your refund policy?
Sorry, we have a no refund policy.
How do I request ADA accommodations?
Accommodations can be requested by emailing email@example.com
The Salt Lake City Track Club is dedicated to promoting the welfare of the Salt Lake running community. Our mission is threefold: provide social running opportunities to runners of all distances, contribute to the running community through donations and volunteerism, and organize several state-of-the-art road races every winter.